Topic: Loading problem?

Dear all

Newbie here, non coder. I have installed Zen, with a UK template upgrade, which had been working on a test basis until very recently.

For some reason, I could not get the Zencart to load the main page, without the use of a separate HTML page, pointing to the catalogue? I never knew why this was a suggested fix for the problem and was not informed how to access the main page of Zencart without it?

Anyway, I have just removed the HTML page and cannot access my website, but received this message instead.

Warning: main(includes/application_top.php/index.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxxx/public_html/xxxx/index.php on line 26

Warning: main(includes/application_top.php/index.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxxx/public_html/xxxx/index.php on line 26

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/application_top.php/index.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/xxxx/public_html/xxxx/index.php on line 26

Forgive me if my question has been asked a million times before and that I may have placed my question into the wrong part of the forum. Any and all suggestions regarding how to fix my Zencart would be appreciated. Should you require further information, please let me know

Freshstart.

Re: Loading problem?

Login to admin

Go to Tools > Define pages editor > select define_main_page.php
clear out anything that you haven't typed in.

Let me know.

Hello Kevin,

Did what you suggested and it appears to be worse.  Initially, I could not access my website by typing in the url (only via a html page, then removed it), but I could access the site, for example by typing in www.mysite.co.uk/catalog, as well as via the admin section.  Now I cannot access via those either, since I removed all of the text on the main page?  All appears a bit strange.  By the way, I renamed catalog to 'shop'.

Error message now looks like this;

Warning: main(includes/configure.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxxx/public_html/xxxx/shop/includes/application_top.php on line 60

Warning: main(includes/configure.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxxx/public_html/xxxx/shop/includes/application_top.php on line 60

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/configure.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/xxxx/public_html/xxxx/shop/includes/application_top.php on line 60

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxx/public_html/xxxx/shop/includes/application_top.php:60) in /home/xxxx/public_html/xxxx/shop/includes/application_top.php on line 67

Warning: main(DIR_WS_INCLUDESauto_loaders/config.core.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxxx/public_html/xxxx/shop/includes/application_top.php on line 91

Warning: main(DIR_WS_INCLUDESauto_loaders/config.core.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxxx/public_html/xxxx/shop/includes/application_top.php on line 91

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening 'DIR_WS_INCLUDESauto_loaders/config.core.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/xxxx/public_html/xxxx/shop/includes/application_top.php on line 91

Warning: dir(DIR_WS_INCLUDESauto_loaders) [function.dir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/xxxx/public_html/xxxx/shop/includes/application_top.php on line 92

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxx/public_html/xxxx/shop/includes/application_top.php:60) in /home/xxxx/public_html/xxxx/shop/includes/application_top.php on line 114

Thx.
Freshstart.

OK.  None of this would be caused by the correct UK template being uploaded/installed. 
It could be you've uploaded the 1.3.6 UK template in to a 1.3.7 Zen Cart core or vice versa.
It could be there's a bigger problem somewhere else.  i.e. It could be that your hosting account can't find the path to php on the server.  You have checked this?
It could be that you've applied other modules and they cause a conflict.

In cases like this, reinstall from your backup copies and try again.

Or it could be something simple like not all of the files you thought you had uploaded during install actually got loaded.

Ken,

Am working the problem.  Will let you know outcome.  Am running a test site, including uploading the 1.3.7.1 Zencart from Zencart.com.  Also, I have downloaded the latest UK contribution from mutual advantage.  Note in the Read Me file - 1. Upload your Zen Cart 1.3.6 files to your server but do NOT run the installer.

Should this read 1.3.7?

By the way - 'backup copies' ???  I have not got a clue how to do this?

Thx.
Freshstart.

Hello Ken,

Have just set up a test site, reinstalled Zencart and the UK contribution.  No problem, it is working fine.  This work is certainly not good for avoiding migraine.

Going to lie down now, before next problem - try to get my main website up and running - expecting a coder to knock on my door later on.

Freshstart.

Ken is Barbies friend -  I'm Kev smile

Good for you and well done. 
BTW, I have a regular prescription that helps avoid the sparkles and brain trauma smile

Glad you got it sorted.

Kev

Hello Kevin...

Migraine blinds you to certain visual mistakes...apologies.  By the way, I had heard that Ken was in fact, Barbie's brother!

Also, would like to say many thanks for being there, you are doing a good job.

Best wishes,

freshstart.