Topic: Installing UK Template where some changes have been made

Hi
I'm looking at using the UK Template but I already have a contribution that has added the UK counties to my Zencart, will this cause problems with installing the template?

Also in the features it mentions "Gives you the choice of the Classic or Standard UK template" - is this referring to the override system as I have already made my own custom template?

Thanks for any help
RoPey

Re: Installing UK Template where some changes have been made

If you have already added counties to your cart, running the sql file will create duplicates.

If you have your own override template you need to add the various files from the UK template to your own.

Kev

Ah - that's a shame.  Unfortunately the contribution that I added for UK Counties (which is not as extensive as yours it seems) was added prior to making other database changes such as installing my payments module, so reverting to a backup will mean losing a lot of other work. If only I'd seen yours first!

The script I ran placed the county names into a table called zones which, as far as I can see, yours does too. Is there a way round this - although I have a basic understanding of SQL I'm not sufficiently au fait to know what problems I could cause by making what seems like a simple change, like removing the zones table that was inserted by the other script.

Also, during testing records have been added that use the zones table such as customers and payments.

Is there any way round this or would I just have to cause myself loads more work?

Thanks for your help on this
RoPey

Personally I think you'd be asking for trouble.  I may be wrong but not fixing something that works is a smart idea.

If it's only test transactions/customers you have it's not so much of a problem.

The UK counties need to be in zones for tax and shipping purposes.  It is possible to remove the old mod from the sql and overwrite with the UK template.  Just be very carefull.

I'd build a 'clone' site to play with.

HTH

Kev