Topic: Two questions

My first question is to do with shipping and zones.

I offer free shipping to all  UK mainland and a charge for N ireland and Ireland at different rates.

Of course NI is in the UK but I'm not sure how to set up the zones or the shipping table as I have always free shipping turned on as most is withint the UK mainland.

I have the UK MOD for VAT and all the counties and stuff but stuck on what combination to use?

I also find when I checkout to paypal it's not taking over the VAT information.

Not that I use Paypal much but some people like to.

Any help would be great.

Re: Two questions

off the top of my head if you set your product to have free shipping, that's a global condition so all products need to be set normally.

The UK mod isn't a shipping mod in it's own right.  You need to use it with a shipping mod to get the variables you want.

With VAT
a) have you set the products to use VAT?
b) have you included VAT as part of your order total?
c) Cost & VAT are not broken down at PP - the price charged should include the VAT element as a whole.

I have Vat set up on the site okay, I didn't know PayPal didnt take that over so I can stop worrying about that!

So Hmm I have chosen Free delivery when inputting the products, but I have the Edit orders so I might just add the shipping from there when I get an Irish buyer!

it's old now but the mzmt shipping module would give you the chance to set shipping rates by zone.

also have a look at the Big Royal Mail' mod - that might assist as well.

As a general rule I don't tend to input new products with the free shipping option - esp as I get international buyers.  Instead I tend to add a 'free shipping in the UK' graphic to the product description.

HTH
Kev