Topic: Product Listing mod not quite right

I have modded the product listing to cater for my customers request. Instead of the standard listing we actually have all the products in a category listed in a menu on the left of the center column with the product details on the right of the center column

you can take look at what I mean by choosing a product from any category at

http://www.movieautographsww.com

There are two distinct problems happening now.

1. The list repositions to the top each time a customer selects a product from anywhere in the list. Annoying if you just scrolled down 2 pages to get the ones you wanted.

2. The prev/next function is up the spout! If I select 'Bill Nighy' from actors then there are several different products for him. If I choose the first in the list you'd expect it to move on in order when you press next - it doesn't. It's getting lost and  if I try to go through all 4 images then I'm lucky if I see 2.

Anybody who can shed any light an either of these then I'd be glad to hear from you!

Cheers.
Jan

The Web Isn't Just for Spiders!

Re: Product Listing mod not quite right

Hi Jan,
I can't shed light personally but there may be some other brave souls who visit who can.

BTW - nice design job!

FYI - I'm not having the problem you are in respect of the next/previous function.  I started at Bill N 1 and went all the way through to Bill P.

I use FF.

Good luck and don't forget to post this question in the main Zen Cart forums.

Kev

Thanks Kev,

I've sorted out the first problem I think - just finished testing it all really. It was down to duplicate product names. The customer has to go through all the products on the site and give them all unique names. I used Bill as a test and added a number to the end of his name. This looks to have sorted that issue.

Still need help with the positioning issue though!

Thanks
Jan

The Web Isn't Just for Spiders!

If only our clients knew smile