Topic: uk_template_mod_v-0.8.2 - UK Template not displayed

I have installed the uk_template_mod_v-0.8.2 on a new installation of zen-cart 1.3.0.1, and it seems to have gone well - I have the English counties and GB Pounds, etc. I am very pleased with this - it has saved me a mountain of work!  :-)

There is just one minor query regarding the final installation instruction in the  ReadMeFirst.txt file, which states:

"11. Finally to bring it together select : Tools -> Template Selection - Click on Edit and choose 'UK Template'"

When I go to the template selection and click on 'edit', it only lists one Template available - the Classic. There is no UK Template when the drop down list is selected.

Is something missing? Or is the Classic actually the new UK Template?

Thanks in anticipation
Alan

Re: uk_template_mod_v-0.8.2 - UK Template not displayed

Hi Alan,

I'd guess that you haven't uploaded the actual files in the 'Admin' and 'Includes' folders that came with the download and you've only applied the sql update.

Just upload the folders and ZC will see the new template ready for you to apply smile

HTH

Kev

Many thanks, Kevin

Painstaking though I was, I seem to have had a brainstorm and forgotten the includes subdirectory entirely. After uploading and running the sql patch again, all is working fine.  roll

I did find under currencies that GB Pounds was listed twice,- I guess from running the sql patch twice.  Every time I tried to delete the second entry, when the confirm screen was displayed, it offered a cancel button, but no delete button. After several tries, I edited the 2nd GB Pounds entry and emptied every field, and tried to delete the empty record. It took several tries, and just when I had resigned myself to editing the mysql table by hand, it suddenly worked and produced a delete button - so all's well that ends well.  big_smile

Thanks again for your help, and an excellent template - I'll drop a little something into your paypal account.  wink

Alan

Glad I could be of assistance Alan and I'm happy you've got it sorted out.

As long as it's not a nuclear bomb you drop into the old PP a/c I'll be a very happy bunny!

Thanks

Kev

FOOTNOTE

Just a footnote for the benefit of anyone else who finds themselves in a similar position:

I soon discovered another consequence of having run the sql patch twice - all the boxes on the first page of the shop were displayed twice.

a couple could be deleted from Tools...Banner Manager, but most are configured from Tools....Layout Boxes Controller, which does not offer a way to delete all the duplicate entries. It does allow you to turn off the second one of each entry, but having everything listed twice is a bit messy.

I guess a manual edit of the mysql table would have fixed it, but I could not be sure whether there were any more less obvious problems, so deleted the whole shop, and reinstalled - easy when it is a new shop, and your host (sashbox) provides an automated install procedure which works in seconds!

Alan

Thanks for that update Alan!

I think I'll spend some time (when I get some spare time that is) and put together an undo sql script - just in case.

Kev

"I think I'll spend some time (when I get some spare time that is) and put together an undo sql script - just in case."

Hi Kevin,

Have you been able to get around to this script? 
I have made a big blunder...  lol

Thanks,
Mamie

Not Yet Mamie - sorry.

I've been working on the 1.3.5 beta and for some clients.  Time is so short.

Fisrts things first:  Did you do a back-up of your files and database?

If you did it's simple to get back to where you were.

If not ....  what 'blunder' can I assist with?

Kev

Hi Kev,
Not a huge blunder...Its a fresh install and no products or anything in it yet.

I installed the sql file (more than once..dont ask me why...thats the blunder...lol)
So now I have triple of the same items.   

Thanks for your quick response.

M

If it's a fresh install there's no problem at all.  Are you using the new ZC 1.3.5 with the old UKZC template?

The old UKZC template is not compatible with the new ZC 1.3.5  !!!!!

I have had a 1.3.5 Beta out for days now and unless you were on the mailing list, you can't currently download it.

Can you tell me which version you were trying to install?

Kev

Hi Kev,

I have the 1.3.5 Beta ( Im on your mailing list).  I have gotten this sorted out...
Since there were no products in the store yet, I just did a reinstall and everything is ok now...

Thank you,
Mamie