Topic: Remove country from address format

Hi there,
I've read the FAQs and followed instructions but it's still not working.

I've installed the UKTemplate (1.3.6 - thank you very much Kevin!) on zencart 1.3.6 and I would like to remove the country (because delivery is to the UK only) put the county and postcode on one line.

I've followed the instructions for creating a new address format on http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.php/ … _Countries

I've installed the following SQL patch:

INSERT INTO address_format
(address_format, address_summary)
VALUES ('$firstname $lastname$cr$streets$cr$city$cr$state $postcode',
'$city / $country');

This would add a new format which looks like this:
Firstname Lastname
Address line 1
<optional second address line>
City
State(County in my case) Postcode

I then selected this address format (the seventh one) in Admin > Locations/Taxes > Countries

I've made a purchased and had a look at the invoice and the address format still follows the UK Template default format.

Am I missing something?

Many thanks!

Re: Remove country from address format

Hi nipinuk

The UK template created a new address format by default and assigned the UK to it.

If you've created another new address format have you assigned the UK to that.

Also I'm not 100% sure if the invoice display formatting uses this.
You may need to alter the invoice display page.

Sorry I can't be off more help.

Kev

Re: Remove country from address format

Hi Kev,

Thanks so much for your reply. Yes, I did assign the new address format to UK. This is the first time I'm trying out the UK Template.

I know the invoice display formatting uses this because I've done it with zencart 1.2.7d (without UK Template installation) and it works.

Other contributions installed on the one I'm working on that is different to 1.2.7d is the new betterCategories, column layout, cross-sell and some of my own customisations to the layout of the site and I haven't done anything involving the address format - at least I don't think so anyway!

I've done a clean install for 1.3.6 without the UK Template contribution and inserted a new address format and it does work.

I'm baffled. I've tried changing different address formats for UK on the one I'm working on and it has no effect whatsoever.

Kev, does the address format for UK overide the ones for England, Scotland, etc.? I'm not expecting it to if all you've done is to add these to the countries list.

When I get some time (next month) I'll do a clean install with the UK Template contribution and try again. I'll keep you updated.
I can modify bits of code here and there but I'm no expert.

Thanks very much!