Topic: Uk Template for Zencart 137

Hi Kevin

I have been away from my desk for a while and trying now to upgrade zen to 137. I have your excellent 136 package onboard and need to know whether to wait for an upgraded UK Template or put a 136 Uk template in the 137 zencart and manually fix issues arising.

You may have addressed this issue elsewhere so apologies for not doing more research.

Just done some research and found out that indeed the issue is on hold untill your time permits.

p-ked

Last edited by p-ked (20-01-2007 12:10:39)

Re: Uk Template for Zencart 137

The new 1.3.7 version will be available from tomorrow.

I altered it about 5 days ago and just got round to testing it.  So far it looks OK.

Stay tuned.

Kev

Hi Kevin,

Masses of thanks for the new version of the template, I've just started setting up a new site after waiting for the new 1.3.7 release of ZC and your template.

I have noticed a problem with the new template when doing a fresh install though. During the installation process the following error is raised:

Processing Plugin: sql/plugins/mysql_uk_template_base_1.3.6a.sql

1406 Data too long for column 'zone_code' at row 1
in:
[INSERT INTO zones (zone_country_id,zone_code,zone_name) VALUES (222, 'Ross & Cromarty (inc part of Lewis)', 'Ross & Cromarty (inc part of Lewis)');]

Checking the database schema, the zones table is defined as:

| zone_id         | int(11)     | NO   | PRI | NULL    | auto_increment |
| zone_country_id | int(11)     | NO   | MUL | 0       |                |
| zone_code       | varchar(32) | NO   | MUL |         |                |
| zone_name       | varchar(32) | NO   |     |         |                |

So the zone_code and zone_name values for Ross... are too long for the fields.

I fixed the problem with a manual alteration to the table definition, the change I made was to the file mysql_zencart.sql and it was just to change zones.zone_code and zones.zone_name to be varchar(40) rather than varchar(32). Does this sound like a sensible change or are there other tables which will need fields altering to match?

Thanks again for all the work.

Oh a very minor other thing, the version number in the readme file is still 1.3.6 :-)

Hello,
I am pretty new to this & need a little bit of further instruction!

- my new (empty) Zen Cart will be installed using fantastico

i have downloaded the UKZC-1.3.7.base file....the instructions say:

----------------------------------------------------------------

1. Upload your Zen Cart 1.3.6 files to your server but do NOT run the installer.

2. Upload the contents of the folders in the UKZC-1.3.6.base file (admin, includes, zc_install) to your server.

3. Now run the standard Zen Cart installation.

----------------------------------------------------------

MY QUESTIONS ARE:

1. do I upload the files to the same location I will install Zen Cart? (eg /shop)

2. the instructions say to upload all the folders (admin, includes, zc_install).....however these folders also exist "135-136-update-files" & "136-137-update-files"...what do I do with these?

many thanks in advance,
Carley smile

Adam:  Thanks for the heads up - I thought I'd fixed that sad  sorry people - I will have it sorted soon.  And thanks for spotting the 1.3.6 bit too -

Carley:  Q:1. do I upload the files to the same location I will install Zen Cart? (eg /shop)
ANS : Yep smile  you may be new to this but you've got the hang of it already.

Q2: ... these folders also exist "135-136-update-files" & "136-137-update-files"...what do I do with these?

ANS:  You don't need to bother with this unless you are upgrading an older version.  As you've got a new install these files are not relevent to you.

HTH

Kev

cheers Kev - much appreciated!
smile