Topic: upgrade from 1.3.0 to 1.3.8

I am looking for some advice as to the best (and quickest) way to complete an upgrade.

I had a version 1.3.0 zen-cart, with the matching uk template installed, and had made some edits to files in the uktemplate subdirectories to change welcome messages, etc.

I would like to complete the upgrade, preferably without losing the customisations, although they would not take long to redo.

I recently carried out the upgrade of zen-cart, from 1.3.0 to 1.3.6. All went well, and all my uk settings appear unaffected, so I assume that the upgrade has replaced various core files, but the ver. 1.3.0 uktemplate continues to override the ver. 1.3.6 core files.

After reading how the override system works, it seems that the override files in the various uktemplate subdirectories will need to be updated to the 1.3.6 version.

Is that best done by uploading the files and redoing the edits, without running the sql script?

What effect would running the sql have on the previous version of the uktemplate?

Thanks in anticipation
Alan

Re: upgrade from 1.3.0 to 1.3.8

OOPS - the title should read upgrade from 1.3.0 to 1.3.6

Alan

Re: upgrade from 1.3.0 to 1.3.8

ummm.  both the 1.3.0 and 1.3.6 uktemplate use the over-ride facility and I would expect them to take presedence over the core files ... so that's working fine.

The folder names used in the UK template 1.3.6 are different to 1.3.0.

So  ... i would guess that you can upload the 1.3.6 files with out issue and them apply your customisations (if any) to them.

Then run a diff on the 1.3.0 sql file against the 1.3.6 sql file and just apply the differences.

You can download the UK 1.3.6 files at the original download page

hope that helps

Kev