Topic: 1.3.5 Template adjustments with existing SQL files

Hi,
I'm fairly new to ZenCart, and this is my first post here - so be gentle!!

I understand from your supplied instructions that you require the new template additions at present to be installed with a fresh ZenCart install.

My question is - does this also mean I have to start with an empty database? I'm wondering whether I can delete the actual ZenCart folders, leaving the database intact, and then reconnect to it during the updated installed?

If it can't be done it's not a problem as I'm still in test - but I'm just wondering as it takes my export routines a long time to send back the 17,000 or so products I'm listing!!

Test site is at www.theshoppie.com/z/z however I have not installed version .5 of ZenCart yet - let alone your excellent UK specific mods.

Regards,
David

Re: 1.3.5 Template adjustments with existing SQL files

Hi David and welcome to the forum.

The beta release you've downloaded is currently under test and I do NOT recommend anyone uses this to perform an upgrade.  I have primarily released the beta so that UK business has an option to perform a UK 'out of the box' install of ZC.

At this time, I'm really just tring to get feedback from the 400 or so people who have downloaded previous UKZC templates to see if I've missed anything or gone 'too far' with the mysql file.  (the counties and new countries - Scotland, Wales, N. Ireland, ROI, CI)

Having said that - in your case - when it comes to the upgrade - Don't upload the ZC_install directory.  If you do you will get additional UK counties etc.

The file structure and the files I've changed will work in a 1.3.5 install without the need for the sql during an upgrade - hope that helps.

Kev

In your case

Hi,
Ok, thanks for that.

My experience has been as follows:

Having copied the new ZCUK mod on top of my existing 1.3.5 ZenCart (which already has the previous ZCUK mod installed) I then found then it was impossible to select a "County" - although the list appeared, no matter what selection was made it always told me it was invalid.  This was happening when trying to sign-up for a new account.

Today I uploaded the ZC_Install directory (including the ZCUK mods) and re-ran set-up doing a database upgrade.

I now find that I'm back to being able to select county names ok now.

David

There were some changes to the files used in 1.3.5 UKZC.  This is why I said in the readme "I do NOT recommend anyone uses this to perform an upgrade."

I'm glad you sorted this out - I'll look at a way of modifying ZC135 Beta to give an upgrade option.

Kev