Topic: Css Question

Hi,

I've downloaded the UK template and am extremely pleased with it - many thanks.

However, I'm struggling to understand why there are now two stylesheets "stylesheet_new" and "stylesheet_original"

I understand that "new" is read by Zen before "original" and I can see (by deleting each one individually) what effect each one has on my page but why weren't these changes applied using just one stylesheet?

Is each sheet used for different purposes - ie one for colours and another for page layout? I find I can adjust CSS but only through trial and error which is why I can't simply look at the code to answer this question.

Regards
Bryony

Re: Css Question

Hi Bryony,

This simple answer is - That's the way the CSS sections of the template were provided by the Zen-Cart team'.

I basically used an existing template and changed only the 'essential' files to give us a UK structure.

After five hours, I wasn't in the mood to sort out the CSS as well smile

You are right.  It is better to have just one stylesheet (and easier).  I started from scratch like you are.  You could just copy what you want from 'original' to 'new' and delete the original when you are done.

Hope that helps

Kev

Kev,

Most helpful. I shall do as you suggested and copy over until I have one stylesheet.

BTW, I have a small suggestion for the template: UK customers would usually refer to a "money order" as a "postal order" and "check" as "cheque" - it could be changed in the language files or added as a new payment method.

Thanks again.
Bryony

Hi Bryony,

What pages did you find these on?

I thought I'd found and altered all of them sad

best
Kev

Hi Kev,

I haven't searched the language files yet but have run a test sale and the choice is for check/money order - also it shows the same inside admin.

I'm running a new installation with a few alterations (Uk template, super orders, cross sell) but I think they're unlikely to override your settings.

I shall change my files later and let you know which ones need to be changed.

Regards
Bryony